Monday 4 April 2016

First 10KM Road-running in Taiwan.

3/26
A memorable day. A day which I breakthrough my limits. Every year, my university will organize a 10KM road running from our school back to jingshe(慈濟靜思精舍). I didn't join this activity when I was a fresh year, because I told myself that I can't do it, people might laugh at me that I can't run due to my sickness(asthma). I was worried that people might laugh at me, but my thought was wrong, no one will care how other people like when we were all running on the road.

When I was back at home on last summer holidays and spring holidays, I forced myself to exercise everyday, I need to train up my stamina to join the 10km road running. There is a little hill nearby my house there, altitude 225meter. I went to jog everyday when I was back at home. I have used about 3 months to train myself up.

So, when I was back in Taiwan, the first I did was signed up for the 10km road running activity! The day that I have been waited for long long time!

There were only 7 people who joined this run in our course.

On that day, the temperature was around 12c~16c. At first, I was thinking to give up this road running, because it was too cold, I have never run in such cold day, and I worried that my asthma would get worst. But I forced myself to wake up and join the run no matter what. Why I would do that? Because before that I watched a ultra-marathoner's(Tommy Chen) story. He is a cancer survivor, after he recovered from his illness, he trained himself and join all sorts of ultra-marathon competition.

While I was running, i really wanted to give up and why did i put myself in this kind shit. But whenever I have this kind of thoughts, I reminded myself about Tommy's story, and tell myself that:" Tommy can did it, why can't I?! I had a healthy body, strong determination! Come on Lyn! Bring it out! Bring it out your power! Show and prove it to yourself that you can!" With this thought, I finished the run all by myself. I cried when I reached the finish line, people clapped and cheered for me. I finished it, all by myself.

1 hour 45 minutes. I have used to finish this run. I know is a little time out, but I'm proud of myself that I finished it.

I will continue to do more training, and join for the next run!!



                                             
This is me. after the run. Thanks Leon for helping me to take this photo!

This is me & my classmates. 



We went to our senior's children's theater after the run! It was the last show, so we went to support!!


*story behind this post: Trust yourself, you can do it. Things always happen for reasons, don't worry, be happy and do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment